Having longer, stronger, and more toned legs can, no doubt, add up to your overall looks! And to earn such athletic legs, you need to know one or two good leg workouts. And when I say this, you may be thinking, with some apprehension, that you might need to start hitting the gym.
Worry not! Good legs workout can be done right at home at anytime and from anywhere. You might be surprised at knowing what you need exactly. It is your how much you weigh that matters. Apart from that your strong will to really work on those butt glutes or hamstrings and everything that lies in between, to give you an overall perfect set of long and strong legs, is all anyone needs.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s look at those good workout for legs at home and get those muscles working.
Check Out These Good Leg Workouts at Home
When you actually look at it, you will find so many good leg workouts at home that you don’t have to turn to any gym or a trainer for help. You can follow the easy steps that we have laid below to make real changes to your legs.
- Stand straight and move your feet to imitate the length of shoulder.
- Remember to tuck feet outward.
- Make sure to put the body weight on heels.
- At the hip, move ahead of the point of standing by bending hips.
- At the same time, lower your body ever so slowly so as to bring the thighs parallel to the ground.
- Put entire weight on to your heels and stand up again.
- Always remember and make sure to keep those buttocks tucked in tight when you stand up.
2. Squat Jumps
- Stand straight and move your feet as far apart as your hip’s width is.
- Bend yourself at your hips and knees so that you are in a sitting position with your thighs parallel to the ground
- Get up quickly from that position and push yourself up in the air higher to the extent you can
- Using your swinging hands on your side, gain momentum so that your chest is uplifted
- Remember to keep rear side as straight as possible
- Now land back to the ground and go back to the sitting position and continue the same
3. Knee Lifts and Reverse Lunges
- Stand straight and keep your feet as far apart as your shoulder length goes
- Keep your left foot backward such that it lands on the ball of your foot
- Bend both your knees so that it is at a 90 degree with your thighs
- Now, push yourself to a standing position using pressure in your right heel
- Simultaneously, push your left leg knee upwards in front of you towards your chest
- Continue using the same trick on your other leg
4. High Knee Toe Taps
- For this exercise, you need a bench, box or a chair to act as a platform
- Place both of your hands on your hip region
- In a quick motion, tap the toes of right or left foot on the platform that you have chosen to use
- And alternatively, tap the toes of the other foot
- While you are at this physical training, your rear side is straight and chest is uplifted
5. Side Lunges
- For this good leg workout session, you need to first stand straight with your feet as far as your hip’s width
- Towards your right, push your right leg as far as possible from your body
- Bend yourself at your butt area and right knee joint
- All the while, you have to keep your left leg straight
- During this entire session, make sure you uplift your chest and hold your core tightly
- Repeat this process on your other side of leg
Is Running Amazing Leg Workout?
All of us have this question in mind – is running a good leg workout? But nobody is sure whether it really is a miracle exercise for stronger and slimmer legs. But let us explain how running can indeed be a good exercise for your legs.
Running is a kind of aerobic activity that can cause your cardiovascular function of your arms, hips, and legs to get to serious work. This way, the running routine is sure to help you strengthen and tone your muscles in legs, thighs, and arms. And, not to mention, it helps in losing weight in those and other areas too!
But, when you combine running with all the exercises mentioned above, you can get the results you have always dreamt of. Make shorter and intense running session a routine to make the best out of it.
While all the above-mentioned good workout for legs are sure to give you the best results, combining regular intense running intervals can effectively make you leaner, stronger and give you toned muscles all over your legs and arms.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop laziness from taking on your life and start planning a good leg workout routine for yourself. Who knows? One day you will wake up feeling accomplished and motivate others.